Friday, July 22, 2011

Across to QLD

Time to finally fix my bike...free camping, nothing to do! Ha
As we travelled and stopped at the free camp sites for the overnight stays it was an exercise in patience.  At one stop I think I'd had enough.  I just felt that I was so lazy, only because I really wasn't doing anything.  I couldn't sleep well because I really wasn't tired enough.  We were really just travelling, being a passenger  can be boring and can be even more so when the driver isn't talking to you! only because we've been talking 24/7 with each other for the last 7 months! 

Anyway thank goodness I'd finished the book I'd started and was able to start the last one I had with me.  My washing was beginning to pile up.....I have to admit I can sometimes be a little on the 'obsessive/compulsive' when it comes to laundering!  But I kept my eyes shut and focussed on the positive...read a book instead.  Nothing else to do except take in the view.  The landscape everchanging as we crossed into the east.

Missed the border sign!
We approached the border of NT and QLD, got a photo, but not a good one.  An incredible place to visit.  Amazing people that we'd met.  Had a call from Marianne and Mick, just touching base with us, brought great memories for the both of us.  As Daniel mentioned the other day, we've so far had the opportunity of sleeping in so many backyards!

We finally arrived at Proserpine where at last I had power to boot the computer to update the blog, catch up with mail, errands, messages and the like. Daniel went to get his hair trimmed but came back almost as bad as the one I gave him at Easter! I think I have to find something else to look at for 24/7! No, only joking but certainly looking forward to the variety of company when we catch up  next week with our friends! Bring it on!

"Am I getting better?"


Th big Mango...on the road to Proserpine!
Also I've been thinking that I should give myself a hair cut.  As most of you know, I nearly always wear it up, only because it's just so convenient and tidy of course.  So maybe after the cruise I'll make my own way to the hairdresser for a chop! I've been mulling over a few ideas whilst in the car and there's been total silence.  So if I cut it there may be more room for conversation and more tears too!

No comments:

Post a Comment