Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Forster Tuncurry, NSW

Our last night in Coffs Harbour farewelled us with a grand thunderstorm, lightning display and lots of rain.  We woke in the morning to sunshining, tennis court dry so no reason to say no to a game.  We headed to the court for an hour before finally moving out on our way to Forster Tuncurry.  Yes! I have to admit that somehow I managed to win. However, I think that Daniel was at the disadvantage as his body was still recovering from playing the last 3 days straight.

My turn to take the wheel for the trip. The road trip covered about 300ks.  It was a good drive through Kempsey onto Forster Tuncurry, where we have visited before with Daniel's sister and her husband about 3 years ago.  As we made our way over the bridge to the caravan park, even though I was driving I noticed fins in the water, asking Daniel what it was we noticed that they were dolphins.  What a beautiful sight.  We set up camp, before neighbours arrived trying to park their van.  To make it easier, we left heading into town to reminisce about our last visit here. 

We'd arrived to stay the obligatory two days but liked it so much that we extended it by another day.  A round of tennis in the morning but both now had really sore heels.  I put it down to playing on a concrete court.  Next time we'll try the synthetic court. On return a trip to the laundry, an outing into town for a few purchases, returning to book the Sydney Harbour Bridge walk for next Friday! Yeah at last.....this was the Christmas present from the our kids and their partners last Christmas and now we're finally booked and heading to Lane Cove National Park for about 3 days in Sydney.

The final morning at Forster Tuncurry saw humid weather that harboured a pending storm overhead.  I headed into town on the bike to take some photos while Daniel headed out to a local fishing spot to see if he could catch something, anything! My bike ride took me to the local wharf which was charming upon which I returned to Daniel to inform him of the spot to which he drove. However, no fish. Instead we headed out for a good coffee. 

It more or less rained for the rest of the afternoon.  We both found ourselves in the caravan for the balance of the afternoon and then into the evening. Nonetheless we both practiced our respective guitars.  I couldn't wait to get dinner organised for the night.  Tomorrow onto Toronto, Lake Macquarie, heading so much closer to home as we head south.  Goodbye to the weather that we've had along this trip.  It's been amazing. 


Forster Tuncurry Bridge between 2 cities

Still ready for a game of tennis

Always the fisherman

..........Oh ! and how do I know that!!!

Pelicans are so beautiful

......I'm so pretty!

Just the usual living accomm!

An enclosed swimming pool on the beach at Forster

A view from the other side of Forster to Tuncurry

The towns and the mouth of Lake Wallis
I think I've done enough posing....bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment