Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moonee Beach to Coffs Harbour, NSW

Look at this view of the estuary at Moonee Beach
Needless to say that Daniel reigned supreme on the tennis court. 6 - 4 after 45 minutes we were both exhausted. Thinking about it our last game was in Exmouth, Western Australia, in April. Daniel recovered well and quickly. Instead my head could have been used in place of the Halloween pumpkin........for the night! Yet somehow the day allowed us a bike ride, an hour on the beach and the evening we were invited by some other caravaners to join them for happy hour.

What a day but the tennis isn't over yet. Another start at 8.30am tomorrow morning will allow the chance for redemption.
Always looking out for a nice spot!
I forgot to mention last time that as in a previous picture Daniel can never resist the urge to collect and shuck fresh oysters from the sea beds.  At Yamba there was an abundance.  Daniel made his way down to the banks with knife in hand and happily fed on 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters! For me, at my request, he brought back half a dozen, shucked them, stabbed himself in the finger bled over the sink, (I almost fainted!) but served them up on a plate with freshly ground pepper, lemon juice......and he didn't have to pay for any of  them!

As I have so much on my mind, always, I tend to make lists, a lot of lists for a lot of things and then I have to make a list of the lists I have! Should take the advice of a book I read a long time ago "Don't sweat the small stuff" I think I need to go back and read it again.

By the way when I was bored !!! I came up with this little number:

          It's not easy living in a van,
          It can be like thunder,
          No wonder!
          It's small but divine,
          But my home can travel all the time!

Shopping on the bike
We're in Coffs Harbour, as at this time of the year so far into the journey and so close to home that it gives us time to reflect on some past moments that I may have forgotten to add to the blog but nevertheless I found funny and very memorable. One of those moments is when we were on Fraser Island driving over the beach.   There was this beach bird that pulled out this long sand worm from underneath the ground.  Daniel and I are driving past this bird doing it's hunter gathering when all of a sudden Daniel stops the car, gets out, races over to the bird and takes the worm from it!  Well I was absolutely gobsmacked as was the poor bird in absolute horror as it walked around our car in total disbelief!  Daniel's reasoning.....good bait!  I say easy come, easy go.  No fish from that bait.

The chain on my bike might just make it to Melbourne!

The view from the tennis court........beautiful!

Daniel triumphant at 6 games...................

.......to my 4! but maybe tomorrow??

Christmas holidays with friends many years ago at Korora!

Remember the good times!!!!
                                                                          


1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Interesting to think, about fun and enjoyment. Thanks for sharing.
    ----
    coffs harbour dutch biscuits

    ReplyDelete