Saturday, April 9, 2011

Margaret River, Western Australia.

The drive from outside Denmark was beautiful with tall forest gums, lush green forests by seas edge.  An early start found us at Augusta's tip by 2:00pm. Unfortunately the Visitors Information Centre really wasn't very informative.   Camp set up we had to make the most of this area.  Taking a 4 wheel drive route we at one point thought we were lost until we met another keen photographer who said that we were "heading in the right direction....."

Our tour of duty took a sharp direction north as we headed to the Margaret River region. I don't believe that I have seen anything of this size in Victoria. There were so many vineyards, wineries each had amazing entrances, cellar doors and beautiful landscapes. The fact was also that there was a lot of Western Australian money that had gone into this industry.

Beach weather still beautiful took us for a drive along this road North to Yellingup, where we walked the beach and managed to find a dog, actually two, who also had a photo with me. "Cheeky devil" he was.  We headed off to Dunsborough, before heading off to the Northern tip of Cape Naturaliste.

Back at our camp we caught up with John and Candy...we may be catching up with them at a later date in Carnarvon for a laugh or two at happy hour.  We had a little bit of an incident here at the Caravan Park the night before leaving.  I went to the kiosk to see if I could get a tin of beans leaving Daniel behind trying to ignite the gas barbecue. I heard him pushing the ignite button and then I heard a bang! I thought that the barbecue had fallen off the table but when I got back I learned the truth.  He's struck the ignition key and then the barbecue plate flew off the barby hitting him in the head, but not before singeing his hair, eyebrow and melting his eyelashes together.  Well I couldn't keep a straight face any longer and just burst into laughter.  The bang was loud enough that Candy came out and asked if Daniel was allright.  But then because I was laughing she started laughing.  Next morning I looked at Candy and John and all started laughing again.
 

 The day came to an end before we set off early next morning to stop at Mandurah for some crabbing and fishing.


Now this is a beach!
Marysia...get on that rock over there.......
Gosh!...where did that doggy come from?
Daniel.....let me know when there's a wave!!!!!!
Surf's up







No comments:

Post a Comment