Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sandy Cape, Western Australia.


Sandy Cape Regional Park Board Walk
 With Camp set up at Sanctuary Beach, about 12k's north of Jurien Bay in amongst the wilderness Daniel got up early in the morning about 6:00 heading straight for the beach which was just over behind our site.  I needed to go for a run taking my 2kilo weights with me.  I took the pebbled track along the foreshore returning the same way.  I picked up the new skipping rope we bought before leaving Perth and started at 30...before leaving home I was doing 500 skips.  Oh! well one has to start at some point!  After that I got down on the caravan matting outside and did some stretching exercises. 
View from the summit of Sandy Cape Beach

Daniel returned with his catch of fresh Herring.  The rest of the day we really spent leisurely with no time frame to be anywhere now or soon or tomorrow.  The weather was beautiful with 26C.  A walk along the top of the ridge of the boardwalk with breathtaking views of the sand dunes beneath us on one side and the grand Indian Ocean on the other. Back at base I read the last of my Millenium Trilogy while Daniel strummed away on the guitar.  A coffee with Tiramisu and a Coffee Cream chocolates saw us gain the energy (Ha!) to head over the other side to the beach.  Of course the obligatory rod in hand, beach chairs, towell, suncream, Aeroguard(you should have seen what the Sand flies did to me...I have battle scars!)where we basked under blades of sun as the seabreeze brought gentle waves to the shore. 

On top o f the world!
That evening 'happy hour' was enjoyed with Neville and Cheryl, residents of Perth and WA all their lives where we talked about kids, grandkids, pets, animals where to stop as we moved further North over chilled Rose (Hi Leigh!) and great Western Red.

After next morning's fishing Daniel heartily declared that we were going to stay another day in this Paradise.   We said farewell to our friends before settling into our routine of guitar lessons after breakfast.


Now from some surf fishing

Now to play on the Dunes!

All in a day's work!

Time for Okocim Beer and Polish Pickle!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment